Medical Scientists in Indiana
Get the information you need to know about working as a Medical Scientist.
- Projected employment for Medical Scientists in Indiana is growing faster than average.
How Many Medical Scientists Work in Indiana?
In 2018, there were 1,550 Medical Scientists working in the state.
There were 1,570 Medical Scientists employed in this state in 2017.
That’s a decline of 20 jobs between 2017 and 2018.
The typical state has 1,115 Medical Scientists working in it, which means Indiana has more Medical Scientists than average.
Job Projections for Indiana
Jobs for Medical Scientists in this state are growing at a rate of 11.3% which is slower than the nationwide estimated projection of 13.4%.
Indiana Annual Job Openings
The BLS estimates there will be 150 annual job openings, and 1,670 total jobs in 2026 for Medical Scientists in this state.
Nationwide, the prediction is 12,100 annual jobs and 136,100 total jobs in 2026.
Top Indiana Metros for Medical Scientists
The table below shows some of the metros in this state with the most Medical Scientists.
|Metro||Number Employed||Annual Median Salary|
|Louisville/Jefferson County, KY-IN||100||$88,320|
|Lafayette-West Lafayette, IN||60||$60,530|
|South Bend-Mishawaka, IN-MI||30||n/a|
Top States for Medical Scientists Employment
The table below shows the states where most Medical Scientists work.
|State||Number Employed||Annual Median Salary|
Below are the states where Medical Scientists get paid the most:
|State||Annual Median Salary|
Related Careers in IN
You may also be interested in the following careers:
|Occupation||IN Employment Total|
What Major Will Prepare You For a Medical Scientist Career?
- Health Professions
- Biological & Biomedical Sciences
- Multi / Interdisciplinary Studies
- General Biology
- Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Neurobiology & Neurosciences
- Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology
- Physiology & Pathology Sciences
- Ecology, Evolution & Systematics Biology
- Microbiological Sciences & Immunology
- Biomathematics & Bioinformatics
- Cell Biology & Anatomical Sciences
- Medical Science
- Pharmacology & Toxicology
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
- College Factual
- National Center for Education Statistics
- O*NET Online
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|