Managers in Pennsylvania
Considering a career as a Manager in Pennsylvania?
You’re in luck! Jobs for Managers in Pennsylvania are projected to grow and these jobs tend to pay higher than average.
Projected employment for Managers in Pennsylvania is growing slower than average.
Managers in Pennsylvania earn higher salaries than the typical U.S. wage earner.
How Many Managers Work in Pennsylvania?
11,060 people worked as Managers in 2018 in this state.
There were 10,490 Managers employed in this state in 2017.
That’s growth of 570 jobs between 2017 and 2018.
The typical state has 5,175 Managers working in it, which means Pennsylvania has more Managers than average.
Job Projections for Pennsylvania
Jobs for Managers in this state are growing at a rate of 2.9% which is slower than the nationwide estimated projection of 8.0%.
Pennsylvania Annual Job Openings
The BLS is projecting 1,680 annual Managers job openings in Pennsylvania, and 23,680 total jobs in the year 2026.
Nationwide, the prediction is 79,200 annual jobs and 1,071,700 total jobs in 2026.
What do Managers Make in Pennsylvania?
In 2018 wages for Managers ranged from $69,650 to $192,650 with $116,820 being the median annual salary.
Broken down to an hourly rate, workers in this field made anywhere from $33.48 to $92.62. The median hourly rate was $56.16.
In 2017 the median pay for this field was $56.21 an hour.
The hourly rate declined by $0.05.
The median salary in Pennsylvania is higher than the nationwide median salary.
Top Pennsylvania Metros for Managers
The table below shows some of the metros in this state with the most Managers.
|Metro||Number Employed||Annual Median Salary|
|New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA||25,330||$127,070|
|State College, PA||70||$99,280|
Top States for Managers Employment
The table below shows the states where most Managers work.
|State||Number Employed||Annual Median Salary|
|District of Columbia||19,910||$141,320|
Below are the states where Managers get paid the most:
|State||Annual Median Salary|
|District of Columbia||$141,320|
What Major Will Prepare You For a Manager Career?
- Health Professions
- Business, Management & Marketing
- Business Administration & Management
- Computer & Information Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Visual & Performing Arts
- Communication & Journalism
- General Psychology
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting
- Public Administration & Social Service
- Criminal Justice & Corrections
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies
- Health & Medical Administrative Services
- General Business/Commerce
- Political Science & Government
- Information Technology
- Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology
- Child Development & Psychology
- Natural Resources & Conservation
- Radio, Television & Digital Communication
- Geography & Cartography
- Entrepreneurial Studies
- Hospitality Management
- International Relations & National Security
- Public Administration
- Homeland Security
- Library Science
- Library & Information Science
- General Social Sciences
- Arts & Media Management
- Recreation Administration
- Other Social Sciences
- Other Psychology
- Urban Studies
- Sociology & Anthropology
- Natural Resource Management
- Fire Protection
- Demography & Population Studies
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
- College Factual
- National Center for Education Statistics
- O*NET Online
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|