Managers in Tennessee
Get the information you need to know about working as a Manager.
You’re in luck! Jobs for Managers in Tennessee are projected to grow and these jobs tend to pay higher than average.
Projected employment for Managers in Tennessee is growing faster than average.
Managers in Tennessee earn higher salaries than the typical U.S. wage earner.
How Many Managers Work in Tennessee?
In 2018, there were 14,480 Managers working in the state.
There were 10,570 Managers employed in this state in 2017.
That’s growth of 3,910 jobs between 2017 and 2018.
The typical state has 5,175 Managers working in it, which means Tennessee has more Managers than average.
Job Projections for Tennessee
Jobs for Managers in this state are growing at a rate of 13.2% which is faster than the nationwide estimated projection of 8.0%.
Tennessee Annual Job Openings
The BLS is projecting 1,620 annual Managers job openings in Tennessee, and 21,120 total jobs in the year 2026.
Nationwide, the prediction is 79,200 annual jobs and 1,071,700 total jobs in 2026.
What do Managers Make in Tennessee?
In 2018 wages for Managers ranged from $37,070 to $141,500 with $74,130 being the median annual salary.
Broken down to an hourly rate, workers in this field made anywhere from $17.82 to $68.03. The median hourly rate was $35.64.
Workers in this field were paid a median of $38.43 an hour in 2017.
The hourly rate declined by $2.79.
The median salary in Tennessee is higher than the nationwide median salary.
Top Tennessee Metros for Managers
The table below shows some of the metros in this state with the most Managers.
|Metro||Number Employed||Annual Median Salary|
|Johnson City, TN||320||$72,820|
Top States for Managers Employment
View the list below to see where most Managers work.
|State||Number Employed||Annual Median Salary|
|District of Columbia||19,910||$141,320|
Below are the states where Managers get paid the most:
|State||Annual Median Salary|
|District of Columbia||$141,320|
What Major Will Prepare You For a Manager Career?
- Health Professions
- Business, Management & Marketing
- Business Administration & Management
- Visual & Performing Arts
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies
- Computer & Information Sciences
- Social Sciences
- General Psychology
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting
- Communication & Journalism
- Criminal Justice & Corrections
- Public Administration & Social Service
- Health & Medical Administrative Services
- Political Science & Government
- General Business/Commerce
- Arts & Media Management
- Child Development & Psychology
- Information Technology
- Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology
- Natural Resources & Conservation
- General Social Sciences
- Library Science
- Library & Information Science
- Hospitality Management
- International Relations & National Security
- Public Administration
- Entrepreneurial Studies
- Fire Protection
- Natural Resource Management
- Recreation Administration
- Homeland Security
- Radio, Television & Digital Communication
- Geography & Cartography
- Urban Studies
- Other Social Sciences
- Other Psychology
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
- College Factual
- National Center for Education Statistics
- O*NET Online
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|