Managers in District of Columbia
Want to work in District of Columbia as a Manager? Read this first!
You’re in luck! Jobs for Managers in District of Columbia are projected to grow and these jobs tend to pay higher than average.
Projected employment for Managers in District of Columbia is growing slower than average.
Managers in District of Columbia earn higher salaries than the typical U.S. wage earner.
How Many Managers Work in District of Columbia?
In District of Columbia, there were 19,910 people working as Managers in the year 2018.
There were 20,010 Managers employed in this state in 2017.
That’s a decline of 100 jobs between 2017 and 2018.
The typical state has 5,175 Managers working in it, which means District of Columbia has more Managers than average.
Job Projections for District of Columbia
Jobs for Managers in this state are growing at a rate of 3.3% which is slower than the nationwide estimated projection of 8.0%.
District of Columbia Annual Job Openings
The BLS estimates there will be 2,080 annual job openings, and 29,320 total jobs in 2026 for Managers in this state.
Nationwide, the prediction is 79,200 annual jobs and 1,071,700 total jobs in 2026.
What do Managers Make in District of Columbia?
In 2018 wages for Managers ranged from $109,890 to $184,980 with $141,320 being the median annual salary.
Broken down to an hourly rate, workers in this field made anywhere from $52.83 to $88.94. The median hourly rate was $67.94.
Workers in this field were paid a median of $65.37 an hour in 2017.
The hourly rate grew by $2.57.
The median salary in District of Columbia is higher than the nationwide median salary.
Top District of Columbia Metros for Managers
The table below shows some of the metros in this state with the most Managers.
|Metro||Number Employed||Annual Median Salary|
Top States for Managers Employment
The table below shows the states where most Managers work.
|State||Number Employed||Annual Median Salary|
|District of Columbia||19,910||$141,320|
Below are the states where Managers get paid the most:
|State||Annual Median Salary|
|District of Columbia||$141,320|
What Major Will Prepare You For a Manager Career?
- Business, Management & Marketing
- Social Sciences
- Business Administration & Management
- International Relations & National Security
- Political Science & Government
- Computer & Information Sciences
- Communication & Journalism
- Public Administration & Social Service
- General Business/Commerce
- Health Professions
- Visual & Performing Arts
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting
- Information Technology
- General Psychology
- Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology
- Public Administration
- Criminal Justice & Corrections
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies
- Child Development & Psychology
- Homeland Security
- Health & Medical Administrative Services
- Natural Resources & Conservation
- Hospitality Management
- Library Science
- Library & Information Science
- Geography & Cartography
- Arts & Media Management
- Entrepreneurial Studies
- Urban Studies
- Natural Resource Management
- Radio, Television & Digital Communication
- General Social Sciences
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
- College Factual
- National Center for Education Statistics
- O*NET Online
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|