Managers in Delaware
Is Delaware a good place for you to work as a Manager?
You’re in luck! Jobs for Managers in Delaware are projected to grow and these jobs tend to pay higher than average.
Projected employment for Managers in Delaware is growing faster than average.
Managers in Delaware earn higher salaries than the typical U.S. wage earner.
How Many Managers Work in Delaware?
900 people worked as Managers in 2018 in this state.
There were 910 Managers employed in this state in 2017.
That’s a decline of 10 jobs between 2017 and 2018.
The typical state has 5,175 Managers working in it, which means Delaware has fewer Managers than average.
Job Projections for Delaware
Jobs for Managers in this state are growing at a rate of 10.3% which is faster than the nationwide estimated projection of 8.0%.
Delaware Annual Job Openings
The BLS is projecting 170 annual Managers job openings in Delaware, and 2,250 total jobs in the year 2026.
Nationwide, the prediction is 79,200 annual jobs and 1,071,700 total jobs in 2026.
What do Managers Make in Delaware?
In 2018 wages for Managers ranged from $80,940 to $197,900 with $124,710 being the median annual salary.
Broken down to an hourly rate, workers in this field made anywhere from $38.91 to $95.14. The median hourly rate was $59.96.
In 2017 the median pay for this field was $57.87 an hour.
The hourly rate grew by $2.09.
The median salary in Delaware is higher than the nationwide median salary.
Top Delaware Metros for Managers
The table below shows some of the metros in this state with the most Managers.
|Metro||Number Employed||Annual Median Salary|
Top States for Managers Employment
The table below shows the states where most Managers work.
|State||Number Employed||Annual Median Salary|
|District of Columbia||19,910||$141,320|
Below are the states where Managers get paid the most:
|State||Annual Median Salary|
|District of Columbia||$141,320|
What Major Will Prepare You For a Manager Career?
- Business, Management & Marketing
- Health Professions
- Business Administration & Management
- Social Sciences
- Computer & Information Sciences
- Public Administration & Social Service
- Information Technology
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting
- Criminal Justice & Corrections
- Communication & Journalism
- Child Development & Psychology
- General Psychology
- Visual & Performing Arts
- Political Science & Government
- General Social Sciences
- Natural Resources & Conservation
- Health & Medical Administrative Services
- Hospitality Management
- General Business/Commerce
- Entrepreneurial Studies
- International Relations & National Security
- Other Social Sciences
- Homeland Security
- Public Administration
- Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology
- Radio, Television & Digital Communication
- Natural Resource Management
- Geography & Cartography
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
- College Factual
- National Center for Education Statistics
- O*NET Online
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|