Managers in Maryland
Get the information you need to know about working as a Manager.
You’re in luck! Jobs for Managers in Maryland are projected to grow and these jobs tend to pay higher than average.
Projected employment for Managers in Maryland is growing slower than average.
Managers in Maryland earn higher salaries than the typical U.S. wage earner.
How Many Managers Work in Maryland?
In 2018, there were 14,450 Managers working in the state.
There were 12,680 Managers employed in this state in 2017.
That’s growth of 1,770 jobs between 2017 and 2018.
The typical state has 5,175 Managers working in it, which means Maryland has more Managers than average.
Job Projections for Maryland
Jobs for Managers in this state are growing at a rate of 2.3% which is slower than the nationwide estimated projection of 8.0%.
Maryland Annual Job Openings
The BLS is projecting 800 annual Managers job openings in Maryland, and 26,350 total jobs in the year 2026.
Nationwide, the prediction is 79,200 annual jobs and 1,071,700 total jobs in 2026.
What do Managers Make in Maryland?
In 2018 wages for Managers ranged from $71,440 to $164,210 with $119,900 being the median annual salary.
Broken down to an hourly rate, workers in this field made anywhere from $34.35 to $78.95. The median hourly rate was $57.64.
In 2017 the median pay for this field was $58.99 an hour.
The hourly rate declined by $1.35.
The median salary in Maryland is higher than the nationwide median salary.
Top Maryland Metros for Managers
The table below shows some of the metros in this state with the most Managers.
|Metro||Number Employed||Annual Median Salary|
|California-Lexington Park, MD||490||$145,150|
Top States for Managers Employment
View the list below to see where most Managers work.
|State||Number Employed||Annual Median Salary|
|District of Columbia||19,910||$141,320|
Below are the states where Managers get paid the most:
|State||Annual Median Salary|
|District of Columbia||$141,320|
What Major Will Prepare You For a Manager Career?
- Business, Management & Marketing
- Health Professions
- Computer & Information Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Information Technology
- General Psychology
- General Business/Commerce
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting
- Visual & Performing Arts
- Communication & Journalism
- Public Administration & Social Service
- Criminal Justice & Corrections
- Health & Medical Administrative Services
- Political Science & Government
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies
- International Relations & National Security
- Natural Resources & Conservation
- General Social Sciences
- Radio, Television & Digital Communication
- Public Administration
- Other Social Sciences
- Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology
- Geography & Cartography
- Hospitality Management
- Child Development & Psychology
- Library Science
- Library & Information Science
- Recreation Administration
- Entrepreneurial Studies
- Homeland Security
- Urban Studies
- Fire Protection
- Natural Resource Management
- Other Psychology
- Arts & Media Management
- Demography & Population Studies
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
- College Factual
- National Center for Education Statistics
- O*NET Online
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|