Managers in New Jersey
Get the information you need to know about working as a Manager.
You’re in luck! Jobs for Managers in New Jersey are projected to grow and these jobs tend to pay higher than average.
Projected employment for Managers in New Jersey is growing faster than average.
Managers in New Jersey earn higher salaries than the typical U.S. wage earner.
How Many Managers Work in New Jersey?
There were approximately 18,370 workers employed as Managers in this state in 2018.
There were 19,170 Managers employed in this state in 2017.
That’s a decline of 800 jobs between 2017 and 2018.
The typical state has 5,175 Managers working in it, which means New Jersey has more Managers than average.
Job Projections for New Jersey
Jobs for Managers in this state are growing at a rate of 6.9% which is slower than the nationwide estimated projection of 8.0%.
New Jersey Annual Job Openings
The BLS estimates there will be 3,630 annual job openings, and 49,550 total jobs in 2026 for Managers in this state.
Nationwide, the prediction is 79,200 annual jobs and 1,071,700 total jobs in 2026.
What do Managers Make in New Jersey?
In 2018 wages for Managers ranged from $83,670 to $204,820 with $127,510 being the median annual salary.
Broken down to an hourly rate, workers in this field made anywhere from $40.23 to $98.47. The median hourly rate was $61.3.
Workers in this field were paid a median of $62.2 an hour in 2017.
The hourly rate declined by $0.90.
The median salary in New Jersey is higher than the nationwide median salary.
Top New Jersey Metros for Managers
The table below shows some of the metros in this state with the most Managers.
|Metro||Number Employed||Annual Median Salary|
|New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA||25,330||$127,070|
|Atlantic City-Hammonton, NJ||370||$110,170|
|Ocean City, NJ||70||$116,540|
Top States for Managers Employment
View the list below to see where most Managers work.
|State||Number Employed||Annual Median Salary|
|District of Columbia||19,910||$141,320|
Below are the states where Managers get paid the most:
|State||Annual Median Salary|
|District of Columbia||$141,320|
What Major Will Prepare You For a Manager Career?
- Health Professions
- Business, Management & Marketing
- Business Administration & Management
- Computer & Information Sciences
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting
- Social Sciences
- General Psychology
- Criminal Justice & Corrections
- Public Administration & Social Service
- Visual & Performing Arts
- Communication & Journalism
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies
- Political Science & Government
- General Social Sciences
- Health & Medical Administrative Services
- General Business/Commerce
- Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology
- Child Development & Psychology
- Public Administration
- Natural Resources & Conservation
- Homeland Security
- Hospitality Management
- Information Technology
- Library Science
- Library & Information Science
- International Relations & National Security
- Radio, Television & Digital Communication
- Geography & Cartography
- Fire Protection
- Other Social Sciences
- Entrepreneurial Studies
- Natural Resource Management
- Arts & Media Management
- Recreation Administration
- Other Psychology
- Urban Studies
- Demography & Population Studies
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
- College Factual
- National Center for Education Statistics
- O*NET Online
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|