Managers in Colorado
Want to work in Colorado as a Manager? Read this first!
You’re in luck! Jobs for Managers in Colorado are projected to grow and these jobs tend to pay higher than average.
Projected employment for Managers in Colorado is growing faster than average.
Managers in Colorado earn higher salaries than the typical U.S. wage earner.
How Many Managers Work in Colorado?
8,940 people worked as Managers in 2018 in this state.
There were 7,930 Managers employed in this state in 2017.
That’s growth of 1,010 jobs between 2017 and 2018.
The typical state has 5,175 Managers working in it, which means Colorado has more Managers than average.
Job Projections for Colorado
Jobs for Managers in this state are growing at a rate of 16.3% which is faster than the nationwide estimated projection of 8.0%.
Colorado Annual Job Openings
The BLS estimates 1,760 annual job openings, and a total of 23,140 jobs for Colorado Managers in 2026.
Nationwide, the prediction is 79,200 annual jobs and 1,071,700 total jobs in 2026.
What do Managers Make in Colorado?
In 2018 wages for Managers ranged from $75,210 to $207,400 with $127,750 being the median annual salary.
Broken down to an hourly rate, workers in this field made anywhere from $36.16 to $99.71. The median hourly rate was $61.42.
In 2017 the median pay for this field was $59.24 an hour.
The hourly rate grew by $2.18.
The median salary in Colorado is higher than the nationwide median salary.
Top Colorado Metros for Managers
The table below shows some of the metros in this state with the most Managers.
|Metro||Number Employed||Annual Median Salary|
|Colorado Springs, CO||980||$111,150|
|Fort Collins, CO||290||$126,850|
|Grand Junction, CO||120||$101,420|
Top States for Managers Employment
View the list below to see where most Managers work.
|State||Number Employed||Annual Median Salary|
|District of Columbia||19,910||$141,320|
Below are the states where Managers get paid the most:
|State||Annual Median Salary|
|District of Columbia||$141,320|
What Major Will Prepare You For a Manager Career?
- Business, Management & Marketing
- Health Professions
- Business Administration & Management
- Computer & Information Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting
- Communication & Journalism
- Visual & Performing Arts
- Criminal Justice & Corrections
- General Psychology
- Health & Medical Administrative Services
- Public Administration & Social Service
- Natural Resources & Conservation
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies
- Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology
- Political Science & Government
- General Business/Commerce
- Geography & Cartography
- Fire Protection
- Information Technology
- Child Development & Psychology
- Hospitality Management
- Radio, Television & Digital Communication
- Public Administration
- International Relations & National Security
- Recreation Administration
- Library Science
- Library & Information Science
- Entrepreneurial Studies
- Other Psychology
- General Social Sciences
- Homeland Security
- Arts & Media Management
- Natural Resource Management
- Other Social Sciences
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
- College Factual
- National Center for Education Statistics
- O*NET Online
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|