Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Sales & Marketing at Rochester Institute of Technology

Find Schools Near

General Sales & Marketing at Rochester Institute of Technology

What traits are you looking for in a sales and marketing school? To help you decide if Rochester Institute of Technology is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's sales and marketing program.

RIT is located in Rochester, New York and approximately 16,158 students attend the school each year. Of the 2,565 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Rochester Institute of Technology in 2021, 21 of them were general sales and marketing majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Sales & Marketing section at the bottom of this page.

RIT General Sales & Marketing Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Sales & Marketing

RIT General Sales & Marketing Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the sales and marketing progam at RIT compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The sales and marketing major at RIT is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Sales & Marketing. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused General Sales & Marketing Bachelor’s Degree Schools 36

Earnings of RIT Sales & Marketing Graduates

The median salary of sales and marketing students who receive their bachelor's degree at RIT is $41,810. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $48,013 for all sales and marketing students.


Sales & Marketing Student Demographics at RIT

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the sales and marketing majors at Rochester Institute of Technology.

RIT General Sales & Marketing Bachelor’s Program

43% Women
19% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The sales and marketing program at RIT awarded 21 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 57% of these degrees went to men with the other 43% going to women.


About 57% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in sales and marketing at RIT are white. This is typical for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology with a bachelor's in sales and marketing.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 12
International Students 5
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

RIT also has a doctoral program available in sales and marketing. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Sales & Marketing Grads May Go Into

A degree in sales and marketing can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Rochester Institute of Technology.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Wholesale and Manufacturing Sales Representatives 76,590 $72,820
Sales Representatives 70,340 $77,680
Retail Sales Supervisors 66,620 $50,640
Sales Supervisors 22,340 $107,430
Advertising Sales Agents 20,740 $84,310


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.