Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Drama & Theater Arts at Virginia Tech

Find Schools Near

Drama & Theater Arts at Virginia Tech

Every drama and theater arts school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the theater program at Virginia Tech stacks up to those at other schools.

Virginia Tech is located in Blacksburg, Virginia and approximately 36,383 students attend the school each year. Of the 7,156 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Virginia Tech in 2019, 21 of them were drama and theater arts majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Drama & Theater Arts section at the bottom of this page.

Virginia Tech Drama & Theater Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Theater
  • Master’s Degree in Theater

Virginia Tech Drama & Theater Arts Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks theater programs across the country. The following shows how Virginia Tech performed in these rankings.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The theater major at Virginia Tech is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Drama & Theater Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Drama & Theater Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 67
Best Value Drama & Theater Arts Schools 169

In 2019, 5 students received their master’s degree in theater from Virginia Tech. This makes it the #95 most popular school for theater master’s degree candidates in the country.

Earnings of Virginia Tech Theater Graduates

The median salary of theater students who receive their bachelor's degree at Virginia Tech is $18,200. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $20,100 for all theater students.

undefined

Theater Student Demographics at Virginia Tech

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the theater majors at Virginia Tech.

Virginia Tech Drama & Theater Arts Bachelor’s Program

62% Women
10% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 21 students earned a bachelor's degree in theater from Virginia Tech. About 62% of these graduates were women and the other 38% were men.

Virginia Tech Gender Breakdown of Drama & Theater Arts Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 90% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in theater at Virginia Tech are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Virginia Tech with a bachelor's in theater.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Drama & Theater Arts Majors at Virginia Tech
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 19
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Virginia Tech Drama & Theater Arts Master’s Program

80% Women
20% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
During the 2018-2019 academic year, 5 students graduated with a master's degree in theater from Virginia Tech. About 20% were men and 80% were women.

Virginia Tech Gender Breakdown of Drama & Theater Arts Master's Degree Grads

Of the students who received a theater master's degree from Virginia Tech, 60% were white. This is typical for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Virginia Tech with a master's in theater.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Drama & Theater Arts Majors at Virginia Tech
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 3
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Virginia Tech also has a doctoral program available in theater. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Theater Grads May Go Into

A degree in theater can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for VA, the home state for Virginia Tech.

Occupation Jobs in VA Average Salary in VA
Producers and Directors 2,090 $69,750
Writers and Authors 1,220 $68,600

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.