Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Drama & Theater Arts at University of Notre Dame

Find Schools Near

Drama & Theater Arts at University of Notre Dame

If you plan to study drama and theater arts, take a look at what University of Notre Dame has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Notre Dame is located in Notre Dame, Indiana and has a total student population of 12,683. In 2019, 65 theater majors received their bachelor's degree from Notre Dame.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Drama & Theater Arts section at the bottom of this page.

Notre Dame Drama & Theater Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Theater

Notre Dame Drama & Theater Arts Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks theater programs across the country. The following shows how Notre Dame performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The theater major at Notre Dame is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Drama & Theater Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Drama & Theater Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 1

Earnings of Notre Dame Theater Graduates

The median salary of theater students who receive their bachelor's degree at Notre Dame is $30,800. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 53% higher than the national average of $20,100 for all theater bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Theater Student Demographics at Notre Dame

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the theater majors at University of Notre Dame.

Notre Dame Drama & Theater Arts Bachelor’s Program

52% Women
20% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The theater program at Notre Dame awarded 65 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 48% of these degrees went to men with the other 52% going to women. The typical theater bachelor's degree program is made up of only 38% men. So male students are more repesented at Notre Dame since its program graduates 9% more men than average.

Notre Dame Gender Breakdown of Drama & Theater Arts Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 74% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in theater at Notre Dame are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Notre Dame with a bachelor's in theater.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Drama & Theater Arts Majors at University of Notre Dame
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 48
International Students 3
Other Races/Ethnicities 6

Notre Dame also has a doctoral program available in theater. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Theater Grads May Go Into

A degree in theater can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for IN, the home state for University of Notre Dame.

Occupation Jobs in IN Average Salary in IN
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 2,030 $68,070
Producers and Directors 990 $48,300
Writers and Authors 420 $61,920

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.