Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Nutrition Science at University of Delaware

Find Schools Near

Nutrition Science at University of Delaware

What traits are you looking for in a nutrition science school? To help you decide if University of Delaware is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's nutrition science program.

UD is located in Newark, Delaware and has a total student population of 23,613. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 13 students received a bachelor's degree in nutrition science from UD.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Nutrition Science section at the bottom of this page.

UD Nutrition Science Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition Science
  • Doctorate Degree in Nutrition Science

UD Nutrition Science Rankings

The nutrition science major at UD is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Nutrition Science. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Nutrition Science Student Demographics at UD

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the nutrition science majors at University of Delaware.

UD Nutrition Science Bachelor’s Program

77% Women
46% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The nutrition science program at UD awarded 13 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 23% of these degrees went to men with the other 77% going to women. The typical nutrition science bachelor's degree program is made up of only 17% men. So male students are more repesented at UD since its program graduates 6% more men than average.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 9% more racial-ethnic minorities in its nutrition science bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Delaware with a bachelor's in nutrition science.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 6
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

UD also has a doctoral program available in nutrition science. In 2021, 1 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Nutrition Science Grads May Go Into

A degree in nutrition science can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for DE, the home state for University of Delaware.

Occupation Jobs in DE Average Salary in DE
Dietitians and Nutritionists 200 $64,590
Dietetic Technicians 100 $32,030


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.