Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Textile & Apparel Studies at University of Delaware

Find Schools Near

Textile & Apparel Studies at University of Delaware

If you are interested in studying textile and apparel studies, you may want to check out the program at University of Delaware. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

UD is located in Newark, Delaware and approximately 23,613 students attend the school each year. Of the 4,743 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from University of Delaware in 2021, 66 of them were textile and apparel studies majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Textile & Apparel Studies section at the bottom of this page.

UD Textile & Apparel Studies Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Textile Studies

UD Textile & Apparel Studies Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the textile studies progam at UD compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The textile studies major at UD is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Textile & Apparel Studies. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank

Earnings of UD Textile Studies Graduates

The median salary of textile studies students who receive their bachelor's degree at UD is $44,866. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 24% higher than the national average of $36,287 for all textile studies bachelor's degree recipients.


Textile Studies Student Demographics at UD

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the textile studies majors at University of Delaware.

UD Textile & Apparel Studies Bachelor’s Program

97% Women
20% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 66 students earned a bachelor's degree in textile studies from UD. About 97% of these graduates were women and the other 3% were men.


About 74% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in textile studies at UD are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Delaware with a bachelor's in textile studies.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 4
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 49
International Students 3
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

UD also has a doctoral program available in textile studies. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Textile Studies Grads May Go Into

A degree in textile studies can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for DE, the home state for University of Delaware.

Occupation Jobs in DE Average Salary in DE
Marketing Managers 1,020 $163,090
Interior Designers 140 $59,240
Farm and Home Management Advisors 90 $56,620


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.