What Do Search Marketing Strategist Do?
Occupation Description Employ search marketing tactics to increase visibility and engagement with content, products, or services in Internet-enabled devices or interfaces. Examine search query behaviors on general or specialty search engines or other Internet-based content. Analyze research, data, or technology to understand user intent and measure outcomes for ongoing optimization.
Life As a Search Marketing Strategist
- Optimize shopping cart experience or Web site conversion rates against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Propose online or multiple-sales-channel campaigns to marketing executives.
- Develop transactional Web applications, using Web programming software and knowledge of programming languages, such as hypertext markup language (HTML) and extensible markup language (XML).
- Define product requirements, based on market research analysis, in collaboration with user interface design and engineering staff.
- Keep abreast of government regulations and emerging Web technology to ensure regulatory compliance by reviewing current literature, talking with colleagues, participating in educational programs, attending meetings or workshops, or participating in professional organizations or conferences.
- Execute and manage communications with digital journalists or bloggers.
Things a Search Marketing Strategist Should Know How to Do
Below is a list of the skills most Search Marketing Strategists say are important on the job.
Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Related Job Titles
- Search Engine Marketing Specialist (SEM Specialist)
- Director of Search Engine Optimization (Director of SEO)
- Interactive Marketing Strategist
- Search Engine Marketing Strategist (SEM Strategist)
What Kind of Search Marketing Strategist Job Opportunities Are There?
In the United States, there were 287,200 jobs for Search Marketing Strategist in 2016. New jobs are being produced at a rate of 9.3% which is above the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 26,600 new jobs for Search Marketing Strategist by 2026. Due to new job openings and attrition, there will be an average of 22,400 job openings in this field each year.
The states with the most job growth for Search Marketing Strategist are Washington, Utah, and Nevada. Watch out if you plan on working in Alaska, Maryland, or Mississippi. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
What is the Average Salary of a Search Marketing Strategist
The salary for Search Marketing Strategists ranges between about $47,350 and $144,820 a year.
Search Marketing Strategists who work in District of Columbia, Maryland, or New Hampshire, make the highest salaries.
How much do Search Marketing Strategists make in different U.S. states?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
|District of Columbia||$117,540|
What Tools do Search Marketing Strategists Use?
Although they’re not necessarily needed for all jobs, the following technologies are used by many Search Marketing Strategists:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Hypertext markup language HTML
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Access
- Email software
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visio
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Microsoft SQL Server
- PHP: Hypertext preprocessor
- Adobe Systems Adobe Dreamweaver
Becoming a Search Marketing Strategist
What education is needed to be a Search Marketing Strategist?
What work experience do I need to become a Search Marketing Strategist?
Search Marketing Strategists Sector
Search Marketing Strategists work in the following industries:
Image Credit: Negative Space via CC0 License
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|