All About Search Marketing Strategists
Search Marketing Strategist Definition Employ search marketing tactics to increase visibility and engagement with content, products, or services in Internet-enabled devices or interfaces. Examine search query behaviors on general or specialty search engines or other Internet-based content. Analyze research, data, or technology to understand user intent and measure outcomes for ongoing optimization.
List of Search Marketing Strategist Job Duties
- Keep abreast of government regulations and emerging Web technology to ensure regulatory compliance by reviewing current literature, talking with colleagues, participating in educational programs, attending meetings or workshops, or participating in professional organizations or conferences.
- Assist in setting up or optimizing analytics tools for tracking visitors’ behaviors.
- Communicate and collaborate with merchants, Webmasters, bloggers, or online editors to strategically place hyperlinks.
- Collaborate with web, multimedia, or art design staffs to create multimedia Web sites or other internet content that conforms to brand and company visual format.
- Resolve product availability problems in collaboration with customer service staff.
- Participate in the development or implementation of online marketing strategy.
What Every Search Marketing Strategist Should Know
When polled, Search Marketing Strategists say the following skills are most frequently used in their jobs:
Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Related Job Titles
- E-commerce Strategist
- Interactive Media Marketing Strategist
- E-commerce Specialist
- Director, Search Marketing Strategies
- Ecommerce Marketing Manager
Are There Job Opportunities for Search Marketing Strategists?
In the United States, there were 287,200 jobs for Search Marketing Strategist in 2016. New jobs are being produced at a rate of 9.3% which is above the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 26,600 new jobs for Search Marketing Strategist by 2026. There will be an estimated 22,400 positions for Search Marketing Strategist per year.
The states with the most job growth for Search Marketing Strategist are Washington, Utah, and Nevada. Watch out if you plan on working in Alaska, Maryland, or Mississippi. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Search Marketing Strategist Average Salary
The salary for Search Marketing Strategists ranges between about $47,350 and $144,820 a year.
Search Marketing Strategists who work in District of Columbia, Maryland, or New Hampshire, make the highest salaries.
Below is a list of the median annual salaries for Search Marketing Strategists in different U.S. states.
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
|District of Columbia||$117,540|
What Tools & Technology do Search Marketing Strategists Use?
Below is a list of the types of tools and technologies that Search Marketing Strategists may use on a daily basis:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Hypertext markup language HTML
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Access
- Email software
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visio
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Microsoft SQL Server
- PHP: Hypertext preprocessor
- Adobe Systems Adobe Dreamweaver
Becoming a Search Marketing Strategist
Individuals working as a Search Marketing Strategist have obtained the following education levels:
How Long Does it Take to Become a Search Marketing Strategist?
Where Search Marketing Strategists Work
Below are examples of industries where Search Marketing Strategists work:
More about our data sources and methodologies.
Featured Web Development / Internet Schools
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|