What Do Search Marketing Strategist Do?
Search Marketing Strategist Definition Employ search marketing tactics to increase visibility and engagement with content, products, or services in Internet-enabled devices or interfaces. Examine search query behaviors on general or specialty search engines or other Internet-based content. Analyze research, data, or technology to understand user intent and measure outcomes for ongoing optimization.
A Day in the Life of a Search Marketing Strategist
- Execute and manage communications with digital journalists or bloggers.
- Execute or manage banner, video, or other non-text link ad campaigns.
- Define product requirements, based on market research analysis, in collaboration with user interface design and engineering staff.
- Conduct financial modeling for online marketing programs or Web site revenue forecasting.
- Implement online customer service processes to ensure positive and consistent user experiences.
- Improve search-related activities through ongoing analysis, experimentation, or optimization tests, using A/B or multivariate methods.
Search Marketing Strategist Needed Skills
Search Marketing Strategists state the following job skills are important in their day-to-day work.
Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Types of Search Marketing Strategist Jobs
- Internet Marketing Consultant
- Director, Search Marketing Strategies
- Usability Strategist
- Web User Experience Strategist
- Search Engine Optimizer (SEO)
Job Opportunities for Search Marketing Strategists
There were about 287,200 jobs for Search Marketing Strategist in 2016 (in the United States). New jobs are being produced at a rate of 9.3% which is above the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 26,600 new jobs for Search Marketing Strategist by 2026. Due to new job openings and attrition, there will be an average of 22,400 job openings in this field each year.
The states with the most job growth for Search Marketing Strategist are Washington, Utah, and Nevada. Watch out if you plan on working in Alaska, Maryland, or Mississippi. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Do Search Marketing Strategists Make A Lot Of Money?
The salary for Search Marketing Strategists ranges between about $47,350 and $144,820 a year.
Search Marketing Strategists who work in District of Columbia, Maryland, or New Hampshire, make the highest salaries.
How much do Search Marketing Strategists make in different U.S. states?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
|District of Columbia||$117,540|
What Tools & Technology do Search Marketing Strategists Use?
Although they’re not necessarily needed for all jobs, the following technologies are used by many Search Marketing Strategists:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Hypertext markup language HTML
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Access
- Email software
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visio
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Microsoft SQL Server
- PHP: Hypertext preprocessor
- Adobe Systems Adobe Dreamweaver
Becoming a Search Marketing Strategist
What kind of Search Marketing Strategist requirements are there?
What work experience do I need to become a Search Marketing Strategist?
Where Search Marketing Strategists Are Employed
Search Marketing Strategists work in the following industries:
More about our data sources and methodologies.