Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology at University of Delaware

Find Schools Near

Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology at University of Delaware

If you are interested in studying biochemistry, biophysics and molecular biology, you may want to check out the program at University of Delaware. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

UD is located in Newark, Delaware and has a total student population of 23,613. Of the 4,743 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from University of Delaware in 2021, 18 of them were biochemistry, biophysics and molecular biology majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology section at the bottom of this page.

UD Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry

UD Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the biochemistry progam at UD compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The biochemistry major at UD is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Biochemistry & Biophysics Schools 201

How Much Do Biochemistry Graduates from UD Make?

The median salary of biochemistry students who receive their bachelor's degree at UD is $45,447. This is 49% higher than $30,485, which is the national average for all biochemistry bachelor's degree recipients.


Biochemistry Student Demographics at UD

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biochemistry majors at University of Delaware.

UD Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology Bachelor’s Program

33% Women
28% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 18 students earned a bachelor's degree in biochemistry from UD. About 33% of these graduates were women and the other 67% were men. The typical biochemistry bachelor's degree program is made up of only 45% men. So male students are more repesented at UD since its program graduates 22% more men than average.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Delaware with a bachelor's in biochemistry.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 8
International Students 5
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

UD also has a doctoral program available in biochemistry. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Biochemistry Grads May Go Into

A degree in biochemistry can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for DE, the home state for University of Delaware.

Occupation Jobs in DE Average Salary in DE
Medical Scientists 400 $115,070
Biochemists and Biophysicists 240 $93,530
Microbiologists 190 $62,470


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.