Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Drama & Theater Arts at Temple University

Find Schools Near

Drama & Theater Arts at Temple University

What traits are you looking for in a theater school? To help you decide if Temple University is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's theater program.

Temple is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and approximately 37,236 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 71 theater majors received their bachelor's degree from Temple.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Drama & Theater Arts section at the bottom of this page.

Temple Drama & Theater Arts Degrees Available

  • Basic Certificate in Theater (Less Than 1 Year)
  • Bachelor’s Degree in Theater
  • Master’s Degree in Theater

Temple Drama & Theater Arts Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks theater programs across the country. The following shows how Temple performed in these rankings.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The theater major at Temple is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Drama & Theater Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Drama & Theater Arts Basic Certificate Schools 12
Most Focused Drama & Theater Arts Master’s Degree Schools 55
Best Drama & Theater Arts Schools 293

In 2021, 18 students received their master’s degree in theater from Temple. This makes it the #23 most popular school for theater master’s degree candidates in the country.

Earnings of Temple Theater Graduates

The median salary of theater students who receive their bachelor's degree at Temple is $18,590. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $21,886 for all theater students.


Theater Student Demographics at Temple

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the theater majors at Temple University.

Temple Drama & Theater Arts Bachelor’s Program

66% Women
37% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
Of the 71 students who earned a bachelor's degree in Drama & Theater Arts from Temple in 2020-2021, 34% were men and 66% were women.


About 58% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in theater at Temple are white. This is typical for this degree on the nationwide level. Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 5% more racial-ethnic minorities in its theater bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Temple University with a bachelor's in theater.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 12
Hispanic or Latino 7
White 41
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 9

Temple Drama & Theater Arts Master’s Program

39% Women
22% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The theater program at Temple awarded 18 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 61% of these degrees went to men with the other 39% going to women. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 36% men graduate in theater each year. Temple does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 25% more men than average.


Of the students who received a theater master's degree from Temple, 61% were white. This is typical for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Temple University with a master's in theater.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 11
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Temple also has a doctoral program available in theater. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Theater Grads May Go Into

A degree in theater can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Temple University.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 5,050 $80,740
Producers and Directors 2,700 $76,050
Writers and Authors 1,400 $60,140


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.