Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Drama & Theater Arts at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

Find Schools Near

Drama & Theater Arts at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

If you are interested in studying drama and theater arts, you may want to check out the program at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

SRU is located in Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania and has a total student population of 8,860. Of the 1,721 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania in 2021, 11 of them were drama and theater arts majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Drama & Theater Arts section at the bottom of this page.

SRU Drama & Theater Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Theater

SRU Drama & Theater Arts Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks theater programs across the country. The following shows how SRU performed in these rankings.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The theater major at SRU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Drama & Theater Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Drama & Theater Arts Schools 19

Earnings of SRU Theater Graduates

The median salary of theater students who receive their bachelor's degree at SRU is $27,374. This is 25% higher than $21,886, which is the national average for all theater bachelor's degree recipients.


Theater Student Demographics at SRU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the theater majors at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania.

SRU Drama & Theater Arts Bachelor’s Program

73% Women
9% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The theater program at SRU awarded 11 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 27% of these degrees went to men with the other 73% going to women.


About 82% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in theater at SRU are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania with a bachelor's in theater.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 9
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

SRU also has a doctoral program available in theater. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Theater Grads May Go Into

A degree in theater can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 5,050 $80,740
Producers and Directors 2,700 $76,050
Writers and Authors 1,400 $60,140


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.