Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Textile & Apparel Studies at Rhode Island School of Design

Find Schools Near

Textile & Apparel Studies at Rhode Island School of Design

Every textile and apparel studies school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the textile studies program at Rhode Island School of Design stacks up to those at other schools.

RISD is located in Providence, Rhode Island and approximately 2,501 students attend the school each year. Of the 501 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Rhode Island School of Design in 2019, 22 of them were textile and apparel studies majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Textile & Apparel Studies section at the bottom of this page.

RISD Textile & Apparel Studies Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Textile Studies

RISD Textile & Apparel Studies Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the textile studies progam at RISD compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The textile studies major at RISD is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Textile & Apparel Studies. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Textile & Apparel Studies Bachelor’s Degree Schools 3
Most Focused Textile & Apparel Studies Schools 12
Most Popular Textile & Apparel Studies Bachelor’s Degree Schools 39
Most Popular Textile & Apparel Studies Schools 47

Textile Studies Student Demographics at RISD

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the textile studies majors at Rhode Island School of Design.

RISD Textile & Apparel Studies Bachelor’s Program

77% Women
36% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The textile studies program at RISD awarded 22 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 23% of these degrees went to men with the other 77% going to women. The typical textile studies bachelor's degree program is made up of only 10% men. So male students are more repesented at RISD since its program graduates 13% more men than average.

RISD Gender Breakdown of Textile & Apparel Studies Bachelor's Degree Grads

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 1% more racial-ethnic minorities in its textile studies bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Rhode Island School of Design with a bachelor's in textile studies.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Textile & Apparel Studies Majors at Rhode Island School of Design
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 8
International Students 3
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

RISD also has a doctoral program available in textile studies. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Textile Studies Grads May Go Into

A degree in textile studies can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for RI, the home state for Rhode Island School of Design.

Occupation Jobs in RI Average Salary in RI
Marketing Managers 670 $159,400
Interior Designers 330 $75,110

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.