Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Nutrition Science at George Washington University

Find Schools Near

Nutrition Science at George Washington University

If you are interested in studying nutrition science, you may want to check out the program at George Washington University. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

GWU is located in Washington, District of Columbia and has a total student population of 27,017. Of the 3,572 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from George Washington University in 2021, 17 of them were nutrition science majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Nutrition Science section at the bottom of this page.

GWU Nutrition Science Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition Science

GWU Nutrition Science Rankings

The nutrition science major at GWU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Nutrition Science. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Nutrition Science Student Demographics at GWU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the nutrition science majors at George Washington University.

GWU Nutrition Science Bachelor’s Program

88% Women
41% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The nutrition science program at GWU awarded 17 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 12% of these degrees went to men with the other 88% going to women.


About 59% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in nutrition science at GWU are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level. Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 4% more racial-ethnic minorities in its nutrition science bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from George Washington University with a bachelor's in nutrition science.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 10
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

GWU also has a doctoral program available in nutrition science. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Nutrition Science Grads May Go Into

A degree in nutrition science can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for DC, the home state for George Washington University.

Occupation Jobs in DC Average Salary in DC
Natural Sciences Managers 1,200 $132,310
Biological Scientists 520 $104,460
Dietitians and Nutritionists 400 $65,490
Biological Science Professors 390 $142,760
Dietetic Technicians 100 $30,650


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.