Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology at Drexel University

Find Schools Near

Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology at Drexel University

What traits are you looking for in a biochemistry school? To help you decide if Drexel University is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's biochemistry program.

Drexel is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and approximately 23,589 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology section at the bottom of this page.

Drexel Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Biochemistry
  • Doctorate Degree in Biochemistry

Drexel Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology Rankings

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

There were 10 students who received their doctoral degrees in biochemistry, making the school the #28 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Biochemistry Student Demographics at Drexel

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biochemistry majors at Drexel University.

Drexel Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology Master’s Program

67% Women
44% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 18 students earned a master's degree in biochemistry from Drexel. About 67% of these graduates were women and the other 33% were men.


In the biochemistry master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 44% of degree recipients. That is 5% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Drexel University with a master's in biochemistry.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 9
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Careers That Biochemistry Grads May Go Into

A degree in biochemistry can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Drexel University.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Medical Scientists 7,970 $114,370
Natural Sciences Managers 4,480 $147,810
Biological Science Professors 3,250 $94,510
Biochemists and Biophysicists 1,100 $94,860
Biological Scientists 660 $73,550


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.