Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Nutrition Science at Columbia University in the City of New York

Find Schools Near

Nutrition Science at Columbia University in the City of New York

If you are interested in studying nutrition science, you may want to check out the program at Columbia University in the City of New York. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Columbia is located in New York, New York and approximately 30,135 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Nutrition Science section at the bottom of this page.

Columbia Nutrition Science Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Nutrition Science
  • Doctorate Degree in Nutrition Science

Columbia Nutrition Science Rankings

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

In 2021, 84 students received their master’s degree in nutrition science from Columbia. This makes it the #2 most popular school for nutrition science master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 3 students who received their doctoral degrees in nutrition science, making the school the #23 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Nutrition Science Student Demographics at Columbia

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the nutrition science majors at Columbia University in the City of New York.

Columbia Nutrition Science Master’s Program

70% Women
45% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 84 students earned a master's degree in nutrition science from Columbia. About 70% of these graduates were women and the other 30% were men. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 17% men graduate in nutrition science each year. Columbia does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 13% more men than average.


In the nutrition science master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 45% of degree recipients. That is 8% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Columbia University in the City of New York with a master's in nutrition science.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 18
Black or African American 6
Hispanic or Latino 12
White 23
International Students 17
Other Races/Ethnicities 8

Columbia also has a doctoral program available in nutrition science. In 2021, 3 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Nutrition Science Grads May Go Into

A degree in nutrition science can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Columbia University in the City of New York.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Dietitians and Nutritionists 4,710 $68,050
Biological Science Professors 4,590 $102,800
Natural Sciences Managers 1,360 $148,460
Dietetic Technicians 1,090 $41,620
Biological Scientists 690 $89,000


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.