Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Public Relations & Advertising at Chapman University

Find Schools Near

Public Relations & Advertising at Chapman University

What traits are you looking for in a public relations school? To help you decide if Chapman University is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's public relations program.

Chapman is located in Orange, California and approximately 9,850 students attend the school each year. In 2019, 69 public relations majors received their bachelor's degree from Chapman.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Public Relations & Advertising section at the bottom of this page.

Chapman Public Relations & Advertising Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations
  • Master’s Degree in Public Relations

Chapman Public Relations & Advertising Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the public relations progam at Chapman compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The public relations major at Chapman is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Public Relations & Advertising. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Public Relations & Advertising Bachelor’s Degree Schools 36
Most Popular Public Relations & Advertising Bachelor’s Degree Schools 72
Most Popular Public Relations & Advertising Schools 78

In 2019, 6 students received their master’s degree in public relations from Chapman. This makes it the #65 most popular school for public relations master’s degree candidates in the country.

Earnings of Chapman Public Relations Graduates

The median salary of public relations students who receive their bachelor's degree at Chapman is $40,700. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 16% higher than the national average of $35,000 for all public relations bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Public Relations Student Demographics at Chapman

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the public relations majors at Chapman University.

Chapman Public Relations & Advertising Bachelor’s Program

84% Women
17% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 69 students earned a bachelor's degree in public relations from Chapman. About 84% of these graduates were women and the other 16% were men.

Chapman Gender Breakdown of Public Relations & Advertising Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 78% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in public relations at Chapman are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Chapman University with a bachelor's in public relations.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Public Relations & Advertising Majors at Chapman University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 54
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 4

Chapman Public Relations & Advertising Master’s Program

83% Women
33% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 6 students earned a master's degree in public relations from Chapman. About 83% of these graduates were women and the other 17% were men.

Chapman Gender Breakdown of Public Relations & Advertising Master's Degree Grads

In the public relations master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 33% of degree recipients. That is 5% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Chapman University with a master's in public relations.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Public Relations & Advertising Majors at Chapman University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 2
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Chapman also has a doctoral program available in public relations. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Public Relations Grads May Go Into

A degree in public relations can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for CA, the home state for Chapman University.

Occupation Jobs in CA Average Salary in CA
Public Relations Specialists 26,820 $72,910
Editors 11,060 $78,150
Public Relations and Fundraising Managers 8,330 $141,990
Technical Writers 6,240 $91,310
Community Health Workers 6,160 $49,260

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.