Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Drama & Theater Arts at Bowie State University

Find Schools Near

Drama & Theater Arts at Bowie State University

What traits are you looking for in a theater school? To help you decide if Bowie State University is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's theater program.

Bowie State University is located in Bowie, Maryland and has a total student population of 6,250. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 10 students received a bachelor's degree in theater from Bowie State University.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Drama & Theater Arts section at the bottom of this page.

Bowie State University Drama & Theater Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Theater

Bowie State University Drama & Theater Arts Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks theater programs across the country. The following shows how Bowie State University performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The theater major at Bowie State University is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Drama & Theater Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Drama & Theater Arts Schools 405

Theater Student Demographics at Bowie State University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the theater majors at Bowie State University.

Bowie State University Drama & Theater Arts Bachelor’s Program

40% Women
100% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The theater program at Bowie State University awarded 10 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 60% of these degrees went to men with the other 40% going to women. The typical theater bachelor's degree program is made up of only 36% men. So male students are more repesented at Bowie State University since its program graduates 24% more men than average.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 68% more racial-ethnic minorities in its theater bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Bowie State University with a bachelor's in theater.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 9
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 0
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Bowie State University also has a doctoral program available in theater. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Theater Grads May Go Into

A degree in theater can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for MD, the home state for Bowie State University.

Occupation Jobs in MD Average Salary in MD
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 1,850 $74,160
Producers and Directors 1,590 $78,760
Writers and Authors 920 $75,430


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.