Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Drama & Theater Arts at Auburn University

Find Schools Near

Drama & Theater Arts at Auburn University

What traits are you looking for in a theater school? To help you decide if Auburn University is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's theater program.

Auburn is located in Auburn, Alabama and has a total student population of 30,460. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 17 students received a bachelor's degree in theater from Auburn.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Drama & Theater Arts section at the bottom of this page.

Auburn Drama & Theater Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Theater

Auburn Drama & Theater Arts Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the theater progam at Auburn compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The theater major at Auburn is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Drama & Theater Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Drama & Theater Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 197
Most Focused Drama & Theater Arts Schools 800

Theater Student Demographics at Auburn

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the theater majors at Auburn University.

Auburn Drama & Theater Arts Bachelor’s Program

53% Women
24% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 17 students earned a bachelor's degree in theater from Auburn. About 53% of these graduates were women and the other 47% were men. The typical theater bachelor's degree program is made up of only 38% men. So male students are more repesented at Auburn since its program graduates 9% more men than average.

Auburn Gender Breakdown of Drama & Theater Arts Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 76% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in theater at Auburn are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Auburn University with a bachelor's in theater.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Drama & Theater Arts Majors at Auburn University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 13
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Auburn also has a doctoral program available in theater. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Theater Grads May Go Into

A degree in theater can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for AL, the home state for Auburn University.

Occupation Jobs in AL Average Salary in AL
Producers and Directors 730 $57,040
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 730 $65,560
Writers and Authors 190 $58,590
Music Directors and Composers 80 $75,050

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.