Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Marketing at William Paterson University of New Jersey

Find Schools Near

Marketing at William Paterson University of New Jersey

If you are interested in studying marketing, you may want to check out the program at William Paterson University of New Jersey. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

William Paterson University is located in Wayne, New Jersey and approximately 9,635 students attend the school each year. Of the 1,755 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from William Paterson University of New Jersey in 2021, 59 of them were marketing majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Marketing section at the bottom of this page.

William Paterson University Marketing Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing

William Paterson University Marketing Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the marketing progam at William Paterson University compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The marketing major at William Paterson University is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Marketing. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Marketing Bachelor’s Degree Schools 303
Best Marketing Bachelor’s Degree Schools 458

How Much Do Marketing Graduates from William Paterson University Make?

The median salary of marketing students who receive their bachelor's degree at William Paterson University is $36,846. This is less than $41,682, which is the national average of all marketing majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


Marketing Student Demographics at William Paterson University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the marketing majors at William Paterson University of New Jersey.

William Paterson University Marketing Bachelor’s Program

44% Women
54% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The marketing program at William Paterson University awarded 59 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 56% of these degrees went to men with the other 44% going to women. The typical marketing bachelor's degree program is made up of only 45% men. So male students are more repesented at William Paterson University since its program graduates 11% more men than average.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 25% more racial-ethnic minorities in its marketing bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from William Paterson University of New Jersey with a bachelor's in marketing.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 12
Hispanic or Latino 18
White 26
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

William Paterson University also has a doctoral program available in marketing. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Marketing Grads May Go Into

A degree in marketing can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for William Paterson University of New Jersey.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists 19,330 $87,210
Sales Managers 13,890 $168,950
Marketing Managers 11,380 $177,330
Business Professors 2,510 $111,740
Survey Researchers 480 $76,040


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.