Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Zoology at West Texas A&M University

Find Schools Near

Zoology at West Texas A&M University

If you plan to study zoology, take a look at what West Texas A&M University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

West Texas A&M University is located in Canyon, Texas and has a total student population of 10,036. In the 2019-2020 academic year, 22 students received a bachelor's degree in zoology from West Texas A&M University.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Zoology section at the bottom of this page.

West Texas A&M University Zoology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Zoology

West Texas A&M University Zoology Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks zoology programs across the country. The following shows how West Texas A&M University performed in these rankings.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The zoology major at West Texas A&M University is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Zoology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
20

Earnings of West Texas A&M University Zoology Graduates

The median salary of zoology students who receive their bachelor's degree at West Texas A&M University is $26,353. This is 17% higher than $22,500, which is the national average for all zoology bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Zoology Student Demographics at West Texas A&M University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the zoology majors at West Texas A&M University.

West Texas A&M University Zoology Bachelor’s Program

64% Women
23% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The zoology program at West Texas A&M University awarded 22 bachelor's degrees in 2019-2020. About 36% of these degrees went to men with the other 64% going to women. The typical zoology bachelor's degree program is made up of only 32% men. So male students are more repesented at West Texas A&M University since its program graduates 5% more men than average.

undefined

About 77% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in zoology at West Texas A&M University are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level. Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 1% more racial-ethnic minorities in its zoology bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from West Texas A&M University with a bachelor's in zoology.

undefined
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 17
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

West Texas A&M University also has a doctoral program available in zoology. In 2020, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Zoology Grads May Go Into

A degree in zoology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for TX, the home state for West Texas A&M University.

Occupation Jobs in TX Average Salary in TX
Biological Science Professors 4,470 $99,940
Natural Sciences Managers 2,620 $127,270
Biological Scientists 2,100 $80,900
Zoologists and Wildlife Biologists 400 $66,150

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.