Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Physiology & Pathology Sciences at University of Rochester

Find Schools Near

Physiology & Pathology Sciences at University of Rochester

What traits are you looking for in a physiology school? To help you decide if University of Rochester is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's physiology program.

University of Rochester is located in Rochester, New York and approximately 11,741 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Physiology & Pathology Sciences section at the bottom of this page.

University of Rochester Physiology & Pathology Sciences Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Physiology
  • Doctorate Degree in Physiology

University of Rochester Physiology & Pathology Sciences Rankings

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

There were 7 students who received their doctoral degrees in physiology, making the school the #27 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Physiology Student Demographics at University of Rochester

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the physiology majors at University of Rochester.

University of Rochester Physiology & Pathology Sciences Master’s Program

56% Women
11% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The physiology program at University of Rochester awarded 9 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 44% of these degrees went to men with the other 56% going to women. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 40% men graduate in physiology each year. University of Rochester does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 5% more men than average.


Of the students who received a physiology master's degree from University of Rochester, 67% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Rochester with a master's in physiology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 6
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Careers That Physiology Grads May Go Into

A degree in physiology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for University of Rochester.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Health Specialties Professors 22,170 $127,230
Medical Scientists 9,500 $95,170
Biological Science Professors 4,590 $102,800
Natural Sciences Managers 1,360 $148,460
Biological Scientists 690 $89,000


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.