Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Microbiological Sciences & Immunology at University of Rochester

Find Schools Near

Microbiological Sciences & Immunology at University of Rochester

If you are interested in studying microbiological sciences and immunology, you may want to check out the program at University of Rochester. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

University of Rochester is located in Rochester, New York and approximately 11,741 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Microbiological Sciences & Immunology section at the bottom of this page.

University of Rochester Microbiological Sciences & Immunology Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Microbiology
  • Doctorate Degree in Microbiology

University of Rochester Microbiological Sciences & Immunology Rankings

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

In 2021, 17 students received their master’s degree in microbiology from University of Rochester. This makes it the #9 most popular school for microbiology master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 11 students who received their doctoral degrees in microbiology, making the school the #14 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Microbiology Student Demographics at University of Rochester

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the microbiology majors at University of Rochester.

University of Rochester Microbiological Sciences & Immunology Master’s Program

59% Women
35% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The microbiology program at University of Rochester awarded 17 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 41% of these degrees went to men with the other 59% going to women. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 37% men graduate in microbiology each year. University of Rochester does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 4% more men than average.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Rochester with a master's in microbiology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 8
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

University of Rochester also has a doctoral program available in microbiology. In 2021, 11 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Microbiology Grads May Go Into

A degree in microbiology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for University of Rochester.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Medical Scientists 9,500 $95,170
Biological Science Professors 4,590 $102,800
Natural Sciences Managers 1,360 $148,460
Biological Scientists 690 $89,000
Microbiologists 680 $80,500


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.