Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Marketing at University of Pennsylvania

Find Schools Near

Marketing at University of Pennsylvania

Every marketing school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the marketing program at University of Pennsylvania stacks up to those at other schools.

UPenn is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and approximately 26,552 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 72 marketing majors received their bachelor's degree from UPenn.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Marketing section at the bottom of this page.

UPenn Marketing Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing
  • Master’s Degree in Marketing
  • Doctorate Degree in Marketing

UPenn Marketing Rankings

The marketing major at UPenn is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Marketing. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

In 2021, 68 students received their master’s degree in marketing from UPenn. This makes it the #13 most popular school for marketing master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 4 students who received their doctoral degrees in marketing, making the school the #2 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Earnings of UPenn Marketing Graduates

The median salary of marketing students who receive their bachelor's degree at UPenn is $69,836. This is 68% higher than $41,682, which is the national average for all marketing bachelor's degree recipients.


Marketing Student Demographics at UPenn

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the marketing majors at University of Pennsylvania.

UPenn Marketing Bachelor’s Program

69% Women
57% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
Of the 72 marketing students who graduated with a bachelor's degree in 2020-2021 from UPenn, about 31% were men and 69% were women.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 28% more racial-ethnic minorities in its marketing bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Pennsylvania with a bachelor's in marketing.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 21
Black or African American 4
Hispanic or Latino 10
White 23
International Students 7
Other Races/Ethnicities 7

UPenn Marketing Master’s Program

63% Women
40% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The marketing program at UPenn awarded 68 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 37% of these degrees went to men with the other 63% going to women.


In the marketing master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 40% of degree recipients. That is 10% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Pennsylvania with a master's in marketing.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 12
Black or African American 9
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 24
International Students 11
Other Races/Ethnicities 9

UPenn also has a doctoral program available in marketing. In 2021, 4 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Marketing Grads May Go Into

A degree in marketing can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for University of Pennsylvania.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists 26,750 $68,630
Sales Managers 8,300 $151,620
Marketing Managers 7,510 $154,700
Business Professors 5,490 $91,520
Survey Researchers 510 $60,810


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.