Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Biology at University of Florida

Find Schools Near

General Biology at University of Florida

What traits are you looking for in a biology school? To help you decide if University of Florida is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's biology program.

UF is located in Gainesville, Florida and approximately 52,407 students attend the school each year. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 565 students received a bachelor's degree in biology from UF.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Biology section at the bottom of this page.

UF General Biology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Biology

Online Classes Are Available at UF

If you are a working student or have a busy schedule, you may want to consider taking online classes. While these classes used to be mostly populated by returning adults, more and more traditional students are turning to this option.

For those who are interested in distance learning, UF does offer online courses in biology for the following degree levels:

  • Bachelor’s Degree

UF General Biology Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks biology programs across the country. The following shows how UF performed in these rankings.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The biology major at UF is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Biology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused General Biology Schools 720

Earnings of UF Biology Graduates

The median salary of biology students who receive their bachelor's degree at UF is $21,800. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $27,600 for all biology students.

undefined

Biology Student Demographics at UF

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biology majors at University of Florida.

UF General Biology Bachelor’s Program

62% Women
47% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 565 students earned a bachelor's degree in biology from UF. About 62% of these graduates were women and the other 38% were men. The typical biology bachelor's degree program is made up of only 35% men. So male students are more repesented at UF since its program graduates 3% more men than average.

UF Gender Breakdown of General Biology Bachelor's Degree Grads

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 3% more racial-ethnic minorities in its biology bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Florida with a bachelor's in biology.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of General Biology Majors at University of Florida
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 86
Black or African American 32
Hispanic or Latino 119
White 277
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 50

UF also has a doctoral program available in biology. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Biology Grads May Go Into

A degree in biology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for FL, the home state for University of Florida.

Occupation Jobs in FL Average Salary in FL
High School Teachers 47,960 $54,120
Medical Scientists 3,470 $82,990
Biological Scientists 1,770 $71,200
Biological Science Professors 1,590 $90,750
Life Scientists 140 $91,970

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.