Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Design & Applied Arts at Texas State University

Find Schools Near

Design & Applied Arts at Texas State University

Every design and applied arts school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the design program at Texas State University stacks up to those at other schools.

Texas State is located in San Marcos, Texas and approximately 38,187 students attend the school each year. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 126 students received a bachelor's degree in design from Texas State.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Design & Applied Arts section at the bottom of this page.

Texas State Design & Applied Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Design
  • Master’s Degree in Design

Texas State Design & Applied Arts Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks design programs across the country. The following shows how Texas State performed in these rankings.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The design major at Texas State is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Design & Applied Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Design & Applied Arts Schools 459

In 2019, 3 students received their master’s degree in design from Texas State. This makes it the #87 most popular school for design master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Design Graduates from Texas State Make?

The median salary of design students who receive their bachelor's degree at Texas State is $36,100. This is 17% higher than $30,900, which is the national average for all design bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Design Student Demographics at Texas State

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the design majors at Texas State University.

Texas State Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Program

74% Women
45% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The design program at Texas State awarded 126 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 26% of these degrees went to men with the other 74% going to women.

Texas State Gender Breakdown of Design & Applied Arts Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 55% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in design at Texas State are white. This is typical for this degree on the nationwide level. Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 11% more racial-ethnic minorities in its design bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Texas State University with a bachelor's in design.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Design & Applied Arts Majors at Texas State University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 41
White 69
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 7

Texas State Design & Applied Arts Master’s Program

67% Women
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 3 students earned a master's degree in design from Texas State. About 67% of these graduates were women and the other 33% were men.

Texas State Gender Breakdown of Design & Applied Arts Master's Degree Grads

Of the students who received a design master's degree from Texas State, 67% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Texas State University with a master's in design.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Design & Applied Arts Majors at Texas State University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 2
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Texas State also has a doctoral program available in design. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Design Grads May Go Into

A degree in design can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for TX, the home state for Texas State University.

Occupation Jobs in TX Average Salary in TX
Graphic Designers 13,480 $50,700
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 6,240 $71,520
Interior Designers 4,230 $56,430
Professors 3,510 $61,660
Photographers 3,070 $34,160

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.