Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Marketing at SUNY Oswego

Find Schools Near

Marketing at SUNY Oswego

If you plan to study marketing, take a look at what SUNY Oswego has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

SUNY Oswego is located in Oswego, New York and has a total student population of 7,830. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 79 students received a bachelor's degree in marketing from SUNY Oswego.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Marketing section at the bottom of this page.

SUNY Oswego Marketing Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing

SUNY Oswego Marketing Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the marketing progam at SUNY Oswego compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The marketing major at SUNY Oswego is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Marketing. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Marketing Bachelor’s Degree Schools 135
Most Focused Marketing Schools 174
Best Marketing Schools 410

Earnings of SUNY Oswego Marketing Graduates

The median salary of marketing students who receive their bachelor's degree at SUNY Oswego is $35,800. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $40,000 for all marketing students.

undefined

Marketing Student Demographics at SUNY Oswego

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the marketing majors at SUNY Oswego.

SUNY Oswego Marketing Bachelor’s Program

39% Women
15% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 79 students earned a bachelor's degree in marketing from SUNY Oswego. About 39% of these graduates were women and the other 61% were men. The typical marketing bachelor's degree program is made up of only 45% men. So male students are more repesented at SUNY Oswego since its program graduates 16% more men than average.

SUNY Oswego Gender Breakdown of Marketing Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 85% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in marketing at SUNY Oswego are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from SUNY Oswego with a bachelor's in marketing.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Marketing Majors at SUNY Oswego
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 4
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 67
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

SUNY Oswego also has a doctoral program available in marketing. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Marketing Grads May Go Into

A degree in marketing can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for SUNY Oswego.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists 63,520 $77,230
Sales Managers 23,120 $198,390
Marketing Managers 17,590 $187,860
Business Professors 8,910 $110,500
Advertising and Promotions Managers 6,590 $174,870

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.