Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Business/Commerce at Skidmore College

Find Schools Near

General Business/Commerce at Skidmore College

If you are interested in studying general business/commerce, you may want to check out the program at Skidmore College. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Skidmore is located in Saratoga Springs, New York and approximately 2,582 students attend the school each year. Of the 671 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Skidmore College in 2021, 100 of them were general business/commerce majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Business/Commerce section at the bottom of this page.

Skidmore General Business/Commerce Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in General Business

Skidmore General Business/Commerce Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the general business progam at Skidmore compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The general business major at Skidmore is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Business/Commerce. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Business & Commerce Bachelor’s Degree Schools 38
Most Popular Business & Commerce Bachelor’s Degree Schools 57
Most Focused Business & Commerce Schools 63
Best Business & Commerce Schools 70
Best Value Business & Commerce Bachelor’s Degree Schools 263
Best Value Business & Commerce Schools 501

Earnings of Skidmore General Business Graduates

The median salary of general business students who receive their bachelor's degree at Skidmore is $50,235. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 18% higher than the national average of $42,524 for all general business bachelor's degree recipients.


General Business Student Demographics at Skidmore

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the general business majors at Skidmore College.

Skidmore General Business/Commerce Bachelor’s Program

34% Women
28% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The general business program at Skidmore awarded 100 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 66% of these degrees went to men with the other 34% going to women.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Skidmore College with a bachelor's in general business.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 8
Black or African American 9
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 50
International Students 19
Other Races/Ethnicities 9

Skidmore also has a doctoral program available in general business. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That General Business Grads May Go Into

A degree in general business can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Skidmore College.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
General and Operations Managers 163,250 $156,260
Management Analysts 47,580 $111,040
Sales Managers 23,120 $198,390
Administrative Services Managers 18,350 $137,480
Managers 16,600 $124,160


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.