What You Need to Know About Biomass Power Plant Manager
Career Description Manage operations at biomass power generation facilities. Direct work activities at plant, including supervision of operations and maintenance staff.
List of Biomass Power Plant Manager Job Duties
- Prepare reports on biomass plant operations, status, maintenance, and other information.
- Prepare and manage biomass plant budgets.
- Plan and schedule plant activities, such as wood, waste, or refuse fuel deliveries, ash removal, and regular maintenance.
- Operate controls to start, stop, or regulate biomass-fueled generators, generator units, boilers, engines, or auxiliary systems.
- Shut down and restart biomass power plants or equipment in emergency situations or for equipment maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
- Monitor the operating status of biomass plants by observing control system parameters, distributed control systems, switchboard gauges, dials, or other indicators.
Biomass Power Plant Manager Needed Skills
When polled, Biomass Power Plant Managers say the following skills are most frequently used in their jobs:
Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Time Management: Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
Types of Biomass Power Plant Manager
- Production Supervisor
- Biomass Power Plant Superintendent
- Biomass Plant Manager
- Production Support Manager
- Plant Manager
Is There Going to be Demand for Biomass Power Plant Managers?
In 2016, there was an estimated number of 170,600 jobs in the United States for Biomass Power Plant Manager. There is little to no growth in job opportunities for Biomass Power Plant Manager. There will be an estimated 11,600 positions for Biomass Power Plant Manager per year.
The states with the most job growth for Biomass Power Plant Manager are Nevada, Utah, and Arizona. Watch out if you plan on working in Alaska, Vermont, or Kansas. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Salary for a Biomass Power Plant Manager
The average yearly salary of a Biomass Power Plant Manager ranges between $63,470 and $172,150.
Biomass Power Plant Managers who work in Delaware, New Hampshire, or Wyoming, make the highest salaries.
Below is a list of the median annual salaries for Biomass Power Plant Managers in different U.S. states.
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
What Tools & Technology do Biomass Power Plant Managers Use?
Although they’re not necessarily needed for all jobs, the following technologies are used by many Biomass Power Plant Managers:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Computerized maintenance management system CMMS
- Inventory control software
- Distributed control system DCS
- Employee scheduling software
Becoming a Biomass Power Plant Manager
What kind of Biomass Power Plant Manager requirements are there?
How many years of work experience do I need?
Who Employs Biomass Power Plant Managers?
Below are examples of industries where Biomass Power Plant Managers work:
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|