Life As a Hydroelectric Production Manager
Hydroelectric Production Manager Example Manage operations at hydroelectric power generation facilities. Maintain and monitor hydroelectric plant equipment for efficient and safe plant operations.
Daily Life Of a Hydroelectric Production Manager
- Plan or manage hydroelectric plant upgrades.
- Develop or review budgets, annual plans, power contracts, power rates, standing operating procedures, power reviews, or engineering studies.
- Perform or direct preventive or corrective containment or cleanup to protect the environment.
- Provide technical direction in the erection or commissioning of hydroelectric equipment or supporting electrical or mechanical systems.
- Supervise hydropower plant equipment installations, upgrades, or maintenance.
- Develop or implement projects to improve efficiency, economy, or effectiveness of hydroelectric plant operations.
Hydroelectric Production Manager Needed Skills
These are the skills Hydroelectric Production Managers say are the most useful in their careers:
Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Time Management: Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
Types of Hydroelectric Production Manager Jobs
- Generation Manager
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Hydro Generation Supervisor
- Power Plant Supervisor
- Hydro Plant Site Manager
Job Demand for Hydroelectric Production Managers
In the United States, there were 170,600 jobs for Hydroelectric Production Manager in 2016. There is little to no growth in job opportunities for Hydroelectric Production Manager. There will be an estimated 11,600 positions for Hydroelectric Production Manager per year.
The states with the most job growth for Hydroelectric Production Manager are Nevada, Utah, and Arizona. Watch out if you plan on working in Alaska, Vermont, or Kansas. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Salary for a Hydroelectric Production Manager
The average yearly salary of a Hydroelectric Production Manager ranges between $63,470 and $172,150.
Hydroelectric Production Managers who work in Delaware, New Hampshire, or Wyoming, make the highest salaries.
How much do Hydroelectric Production Managers make in each U.S. state?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
What Tools & Technology do Hydroelectric Production Managers Use?
Below is a list of the types of tools and technologies that Hydroelectric Production Managers may use on a daily basis:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Access
- Email software
- Supervisory control and data acquisition SCADA software
- Computerized maintenance management system CMMS
- Distributed control system DCS
- Personnel scheduling software
Becoming a Hydroelectric Production Manager
Education needed to be a Hydroelectric Production Manager:
How Long Does it Take to Become a Hydroelectric Production Manager?
Where do Hydroelectric Production Managers Work?
Below are examples of industries where Hydroelectric Production Managers work:
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|