What You Need to Know About Hydroelectric Production Manager
Hydroelectric Production Manager Job Description Manage operations at hydroelectric power generation facilities. Maintain and monitor hydroelectric plant equipment for efficient and safe plant operations.
Daily Life Of a Hydroelectric Production Manager
- Maintain records of hydroelectric facility operations, maintenance, or repairs.
- Plan or manage hydroelectric plant upgrades.
- Monitor or inspect hydroelectric equipment, such as hydro-turbines, generators, or control systems.
- Inspect hydroelectric facilities, including switchyards, control houses, or relay houses, for normal operation or adherence to safety standards.
- Provide technical direction in the erection or commissioning of hydroelectric equipment or supporting electrical or mechanical systems.
- Develop or implement projects to improve efficiency, economy, or effectiveness of hydroelectric plant operations.
Skills Needed to be a Hydroelectric Production Manager
These are the skills Hydroelectric Production Managers say are the most useful in their careers:
Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Time Management: Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
Types of Hydroelectric Production Manager Jobs
- Operations Manager
- Demand Generation Manager
- Hydroelectric Production Manager
- Hydro Station Supervisor
- Plant Manager
Job Outlook for Hydroelectric Production Managers
In 2016, there was an estimated number of 170,600 jobs in the United States for Hydroelectric Production Manager. There is little to no growth in job opportunities for Hydroelectric Production Manager. There will be an estimated 11,600 positions for Hydroelectric Production Manager per year.
The states with the most job growth for Hydroelectric Production Manager are Nevada, Utah, and Arizona. Watch out if you plan on working in Alaska, Vermont, or Kansas. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Average Hydroelectric Production Managers Salary
Hydroelectric Production Managers make between $63,470 and $172,150 a year.
Hydroelectric Production Managers who work in Delaware, New Hampshire, or Wyoming, make the highest salaries.
How much do Hydroelectric Production Managers make in different U.S. states?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
What Tools & Technology do Hydroelectric Production Managers Use?
Below is a list of the types of tools and technologies that Hydroelectric Production Managers may use on a daily basis:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Access
- Email software
- Supervisory control and data acquisition SCADA software
- Computerized maintenance management system CMMS
- Distributed control system DCS
- Personnel scheduling software
How to Become a Hydroelectric Production Manager
Learn what Hydroelectric Production Manager education requirements there are.
What work experience do I need to become a Hydroelectric Production Manager?
Hydroelectric Production Managers Sector
Below are examples of industries where Hydroelectric Production Managers work:
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|