Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Marketing at Fashion Institute of Technology

Find Schools Near

Marketing at Fashion Institute of Technology

Every marketing school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the marketing program at Fashion Institute of Technology stacks up to those at other schools.

FIT SUNY is located in New York, New York and has a total student population of 8,726. Of the 1,669 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Fashion Institute of Technology in 2019, 156 of them were marketing majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Marketing section at the bottom of this page.

FIT SUNY Marketing Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing

Online Classes Are Available at FIT SUNY

Online courses are a good option for students who need a more flexible schedule that allows them to pursue an education when and where they want. Whether you're going to school part-time or full-time, you may find distance education the right choice for you.

For those who are interested in distance learning, FIT SUNY does offer online courses in marketing for the following degree levels:

  • Bachelor’s Degree

FIT SUNY Marketing Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks marketing programs across the country. The following shows how FIT SUNY performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The marketing major at FIT SUNY is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Marketing. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Online Marketing Bachelor’s Degree Schools 16
Most Popular Online Marketing Schools 18
Best Marketing Bachelor’s Degree Schools 81
Most Popular Marketing Schools 86
Most Focused Marketing Schools 114
Best Value Marketing Schools 165

Earnings of FIT SUNY Marketing Graduates

The median salary of marketing students who receive their bachelor's degree at FIT SUNY is $39,100. This is less than $40,000, which is the national average of all marketing majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.

undefined

Marketing Student Demographics at FIT SUNY

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the marketing majors at Fashion Institute of Technology.

FIT SUNY Marketing Bachelor’s Program

86% Women
40% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 156 students earned a bachelor's degree in marketing from FIT SUNY. About 86% of these graduates were women and the other 14% were men.

FIT SUNY Gender Breakdown of Marketing Bachelor's Degree Grads

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 14% more racial-ethnic minorities in its marketing bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Fashion Institute of Technology with a bachelor's in marketing.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Marketing Majors at Fashion Institute of Technology
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 16
Black or African American 10
Hispanic or Latino 28
White 63
International Students 30
Other Races/Ethnicities 9

FIT SUNY also has a doctoral program available in marketing. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Marketing Grads May Go Into

A degree in marketing can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Fashion Institute of Technology.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists 63,520 $77,230
Sales Managers 23,120 $198,390
Marketing Managers 17,590 $187,860
Business Professors 8,910 $110,500
Advertising and Promotions Managers 6,590 $174,870

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.