Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Microbiological Sciences & Immunology at Drexel University

Find Schools Near

Microbiological Sciences & Immunology at Drexel University

What traits are you looking for in a microbiology school? To help you decide if Drexel University is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's microbiology program.

Drexel is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and has a total student population of 23,589.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Microbiological Sciences & Immunology section at the bottom of this page.

Drexel Microbiological Sciences & Immunology Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Microbiology
  • Doctorate Degree in Microbiology

Online Classes Are Available at Drexel

Don't have the time or the flexibility in your schedule to take traditional classes? Online courses may be the perfect solution for you. They allow independent learners to study when and where they want to while offering the rigor of in-person classes.

For those who are interested in distance learning, Drexel does offer online courses in microbiology for the following degree levels:

Drexel Microbiological Sciences & Immunology Rankings

There were 6 students who received their doctoral degrees in microbiology, making the school the #33 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Microbiology Student Demographics at Drexel

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the microbiology majors at Drexel University.

Drexel Microbiological Sciences & Immunology Master’s Program

78% Women
41% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 27 students earned a master's degree in microbiology from Drexel. About 78% of these graduates were women and the other 22% were men.


Of the students who received a microbiology master's degree from Drexel, 56% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Drexel University with a master's in microbiology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 15
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 5

Careers That Microbiology Grads May Go Into

A degree in microbiology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Drexel University.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Medical Scientists 7,970 $114,370
Natural Sciences Managers 4,480 $147,810
Biological Science Professors 3,250 $94,510
Biological Scientists 660 $73,550
Microbiologists 650 $74,780


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.