Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Marketing at American University

Find Schools Near

Marketing at American University

Every marketing school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the marketing program at American University stacks up to those at other schools.

The American University is located in Washington, District of Columbia and approximately 14,001 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Marketing section at the bottom of this page.

The American University Marketing Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Marketing

The American University Marketing Rankings

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Marketing Student Demographics at The American University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the marketing majors at American University.

The American University Marketing Master’s Program

55% Women
25% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The marketing program at The American University awarded 20 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 45% of these degrees went to men with the other 55% going to women.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from American University with a master's in marketing.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 4
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 7
International Students 4
Other Races/Ethnicities 4

Careers That Marketing Grads May Go Into

A degree in marketing can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for DC, the home state for American University.

Occupation Jobs in DC Average Salary in DC
Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists 6,930 $79,770
Marketing Managers 1,990 $165,640
Sales Managers 1,020 $132,870
Business Professors 640 $115,320
Survey Researchers 180 $73,690


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.