Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Design & Applied Arts at Western Washington University

Find Schools Near

Design & Applied Arts at Western Washington University

What traits are you looking for in a design school? To help you decide if Western Washington University is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's design program.

WWU is located in Bellingham, Washington and approximately 16,142 students attend the school each year. Of the 3,785 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Western Washington University in 2019, 62 of them were design and applied arts majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Design & Applied Arts section at the bottom of this page.

WWU Design & Applied Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Design

WWU Design & Applied Arts Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the design progam at WWU compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The design major at WWU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Design & Applied Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 222

How Much Do Design Graduates from WWU Make?

The median salary of design students who receive their bachelor's degree at WWU is $38,600. This is 25% higher than $30,900, which is the national average for all design bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Design Student Demographics at WWU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the design majors at Western Washington University.

WWU Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Program

58% Women
27% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 62 students earned a bachelor's degree in design from WWU. About 58% of these graduates were women and the other 42% were men. The typical design bachelor's degree program is made up of only 33% men. So male students are more repesented at WWU since its program graduates 9% more men than average.

WWU Gender Breakdown of Design & Applied Arts Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 71% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in design at WWU are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Western Washington University with a bachelor's in design.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Design & Applied Arts Majors at Western Washington University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 44
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 5

WWU also has a doctoral program available in design. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Design Grads May Go Into

A degree in design can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for WA, the home state for Western Washington University.

Occupation Jobs in WA Average Salary in WA
Graphic Designers 5,060 $60,530
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 1,930 $67,430
Interior Designers 1,370 $63,480
Professors 1,060 $74,330
Photographers 1,030 $48,020

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.