Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Design & Applied Arts at Utah State University

Find Schools Near

Design & Applied Arts at Utah State University

If you are interested in studying design and applied arts, you may want to check out the program at Utah State University. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

USU is located in Logan, Utah and approximately 27,810 students attend the school each year. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 15 students received a bachelor's degree in design from USU.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Design & Applied Arts section at the bottom of this page.

USU Design & Applied Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Design

USU Design & Applied Arts Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the design progam at USU compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The design major at USU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Design & Applied Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 274

Earnings of USU Design Graduates

The median salary of design students who receive their bachelor's degree at USU is $32,200. This is 4% higher than $30,900, which is the national average for all design bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Design Student Demographics at USU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the design majors at Utah State University.

USU Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Program

87% Women
13% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 15 students earned a bachelor's degree in design from USU. About 87% of these graduates were women and the other 13% were men.

USU Gender Breakdown of Design & Applied Arts Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 73% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in design at USU are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Utah State University with a bachelor's in design.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Design & Applied Arts Majors at Utah State University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 11
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

USU also has a doctoral program available in design. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Design Grads May Go Into

A degree in design can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for UT, the home state for Utah State University.

Occupation Jobs in UT Average Salary in UT
Graphic Designers 3,370 $48,130
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 1,280 $80,850
Commercial and Industrial Designers 660 $53,540
Art Directors 500 $103,570

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.