Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Design & Applied Arts at University of Wisconsin - Madison

Find Schools Near

Design & Applied Arts at University of Wisconsin - Madison

If you are interested in studying design and applied arts, you may want to check out the program at University of Wisconsin - Madison. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

UW - Madison is located in Madison, Wisconsin and has a total student population of 43,463. In 2019, 31 design majors received their bachelor's degree from UW - Madison.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Design & Applied Arts section at the bottom of this page.

UW - Madison Design & Applied Arts Degrees Available

  • Basic Certificate in Design (Less Than 1 Year)
  • Bachelor’s Degree in Design

UW - Madison Design & Applied Arts Rankings

The design major at UW - Madison is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Design & Applied Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Earnings of UW - Madison Design Graduates

The median salary of design students who receive their bachelor's degree at UW - Madison is $45,600. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 48% higher than the national average of $30,900 for all design bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Design Student Demographics at UW - Madison

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the design majors at University of Wisconsin - Madison.

UW - Madison Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Program

94% Women
6% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The design program at UW - Madison awarded 31 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 6% of these degrees went to men with the other 94% going to women.

UW - Madison Gender Breakdown of Design & Applied Arts Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 84% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in design at UW - Madison are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Wisconsin - Madison with a bachelor's in design.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Design & Applied Arts Majors at University of Wisconsin - Madison
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 26
International Students 3
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

UW - Madison also has a doctoral program available in design. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Design Grads May Go Into

A degree in design can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for WI, the home state for University of Wisconsin - Madison.

Occupation Jobs in WI Average Salary in WI
Graphic Designers 5,780 $47,980
Professors 2,770 $76,130
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 1,820 $75,220
Photographers 1,070 $34,750
Interior Designers 1,020 $47,580

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.