Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Design & Applied Arts at University of Southern California

Find Schools Near

Design & Applied Arts at University of Southern California

What traits are you looking for in a design school? To help you decide if University of Southern California is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's design program.

USC is located in Los Angeles, California and has a total student population of 48,321. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 31 students received a bachelor's degree in design from USC.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Design & Applied Arts section at the bottom of this page.

USC Design & Applied Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Design
  • Master’s Degree in Design

USC Design & Applied Arts Rankings

The design major at USC is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Design & Applied Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

In 2019, 16 students received their master’s degree in design from USC. This makes it the #29 most popular school for design master’s degree candidates in the country.

Earnings of USC Design Graduates

The median salary of design students who receive their bachelor's degree at USC is $35,100. This is 14% higher than $30,900, which is the national average for all design bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Design Student Demographics at USC

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the design majors at University of Southern California.

USC Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Program

58% Women
45% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The design program at USC awarded 31 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 42% of these degrees went to men with the other 58% going to women. The typical design bachelor's degree program is made up of only 33% men. So male students are more repesented at USC since its program graduates 9% more men than average.

USC Gender Breakdown of Design & Applied Arts Bachelor's Degree Grads

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 11% more racial-ethnic minorities in its design bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Southern California with a bachelor's in design.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Design & Applied Arts Majors at University of Southern California
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 7
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 12
International Students 5
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

USC Design & Applied Arts Master’s Program

50% Women
50% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
For the most recent academic year available, 50% of design master's degrees went to men and 50% went to women. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 33% men graduate in design each year. USC does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 17% more men than average.

USC Gender Breakdown of Design & Applied Arts Master's Degree Grads

In the design master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 50% of degree recipients. That is 16% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Southern California with a master's in design.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Design & Applied Arts Majors at University of Southern California
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 5
International Students 3
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

USC also has a doctoral program available in design. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Design Grads May Go Into

A degree in design can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for CA, the home state for University of Southern California.

Occupation Jobs in CA Average Salary in CA
Graphic Designers 29,320 $61,100
Multimedia Artists and Animators 10,760 $87,960
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 9,710 $115,460
Interior Designers 8,460 $68,440
Art Directors 7,620 $127,630

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.