Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Bioethics/Medical Ethics at University of Pennsylvania

Find Schools Near

Bioethics/Medical Ethics at University of Pennsylvania

What traits are you looking for in a medical ethics school? To help you decide if University of Pennsylvania is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's medical ethics program.

UPenn is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and approximately 26,552 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Bioethics/Medical Ethics section at the bottom of this page.

UPenn Bioethics/Medical Ethics Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Medical Ethics

UPenn Bioethics/Medical Ethics Rankings

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Medical Ethics Student Demographics at UPenn

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the medical ethics majors at University of Pennsylvania.

UPenn Bioethics/Medical Ethics Master’s Program

59% Women
24% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 41 students earned a master's degree in medical ethics from UPenn. About 59% of these graduates were women and the other 41% were men. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 10% men graduate in medical ethics each year. UPenn does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 31% more men than average.


Of the students who received a medical ethics master's degree from UPenn, 59% were white. This is typical for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Pennsylvania with a master's in medical ethics.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 24
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 9


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.