Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Biology at University of Delaware

Find Schools Near

General Biology at University of Delaware

If you plan to study general biology, take a look at what University of Delaware has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

UD is located in Newark, Delaware and has a total student population of 23,613. In 2021, 184 biology majors received their bachelor's degree from UD.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Biology section at the bottom of this page.

UD General Biology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Biology
  • Master’s Degree in Biology
  • Doctorate Degree in Biology

UD General Biology Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks biology programs across the country. The following shows how UD performed in these rankings.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The biology major at UD is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Biology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank

In 2021, 12 students received their master’s degree in biology from UD. This makes it the #136 most popular school for biology master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 14 students who received their doctoral degrees in biology, making the school the #27 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Earnings of UD Biology Graduates

The median salary of biology students who receive their bachelor's degree at UD is $23,403. This is less than $27,253, which is the national average of all biology majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


Biology Student Demographics at UD

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biology majors at University of Delaware.

UD General Biology Bachelor’s Program

66% Women
37% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
Of the 184 students who graduated with a bachelor’s in biology from UD in 2021, 34% were men and 66% were women. The typical biology bachelor's degree program is made up of only 33% men. So male students are more repesented at UD since its program graduates 1% more men than average.


About 60% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in biology at UD are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Delaware with a bachelor's in biology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 25
Black or African American 16
Hispanic or Latino 22
White 111
International Students 3
Other Races/Ethnicities 7

UD General Biology Master’s Program

42% Women
25% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The biology program at UD awarded 12 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 58% of these degrees went to men with the other 42% going to women. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 33% men graduate in biology each year. UD does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 26% more men than average.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Delaware with a master's in biology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 6
International Students 3
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

UD also has a doctoral program available in biology. In 2021, 14 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Biology Grads May Go Into

A degree in biology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for DE, the home state for University of Delaware.

Occupation Jobs in DE Average Salary in DE
High School Teachers 2,650 $65,040
Medical Scientists 400 $115,070


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.