Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Design & Applied Arts at University of California - Davis

Find Schools Near

Design & Applied Arts at University of California - Davis

Every design and applied arts school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the design program at University of California - Davis stacks up to those at other schools.

UC Davis is located in Davis, California and approximately 38,634 students attend the school each year. In 2019, 198 design majors received their bachelor's degree from UC Davis.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Design & Applied Arts section at the bottom of this page.

UC Davis Design & Applied Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Design

UC Davis Design & Applied Arts Rankings

The design major at UC Davis is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Design & Applied Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

How Much Do Design Graduates from UC Davis Make?

The median salary of design students who receive their bachelor's degree at UC Davis is $33,900. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 10% higher than the national average of $30,900 for all design bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Design Student Demographics at UC Davis

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the design majors at University of California - Davis.

UC Davis Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Program

79% Women
62% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 198 students earned a bachelor's degree in design from UC Davis. About 79% of these graduates were women and the other 21% were men.

UC Davis Gender Breakdown of Design & Applied Arts Bachelor's Degree Grads

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 28% more racial-ethnic minorities in its design bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of California - Davis with a bachelor's in design.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Design & Applied Arts Majors at University of California - Davis
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 75
Black or African American 4
Hispanic or Latino 32
White 43
International Students 27
Other Races/Ethnicities 17

UC Davis also has a doctoral program available in design. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Design Grads May Go Into

A degree in design can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for CA, the home state for University of California - Davis.

Occupation Jobs in CA Average Salary in CA
Graphic Designers 29,320 $61,100
Multimedia Artists and Animators 10,760 $87,960
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 9,710 $115,460
Interior Designers 8,460 $68,440
Art Directors 7,620 $127,630

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.