Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Biotechnology at Texas Tech University

Find Schools Near

Biotechnology at Texas Tech University

Every biotechnology school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the biotech program at Texas Tech University stacks up to those at other schools.

Texas Tech is located in Lubbock, Texas and has a total student population of 40,322.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Biotechnology section at the bottom of this page.

Texas Tech Biotechnology Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Biotech

Texas Tech Biotechnology Rankings

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Biotech Student Demographics at Texas Tech

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biotech majors at Texas Tech University.

Texas Tech Biotechnology Master’s Program

60% Women
20% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2019-2020 academic year, 10 students earned a master's degree in biotech from Texas Tech. About 60% of these graduates were women and the other 40% were men. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 37% men graduate in biotech each year. Texas Tech does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 3% more men than average.

undefined

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Texas Tech University with a master's in biotech.

undefined
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 4
International Students 4
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Careers That Biotech Grads May Go Into

A degree in biotech can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for TX, the home state for Texas Tech University.

Occupation Jobs in TX Average Salary in TX
Biological Science Professors 4,470 $99,940
Natural Sciences Managers 2,620 $127,270
Biological Scientists 2,100 $80,900

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.