Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Biology at Temple University

Find Schools Near

General Biology at Temple University

If you plan to study general biology, take a look at what Temple University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Temple is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and approximately 37,236 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 278 biology majors received their bachelor's degree from Temple.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Biology section at the bottom of this page.

Temple General Biology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Biology
  • Master’s Degree in Biology
  • Doctorate Degree in Biology

Temple General Biology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the biology progam at Temple compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The biology major at Temple is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Biology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused General Biology Graduate Certificate Schools 9
Best Value General Biology Schools 326

In 2021, 9 students received their master’s degree in biology from Temple. This makes it the #182 most popular school for biology master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 28 students who received their doctoral degrees in biology, making the school the #11 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Biology Graduates from Temple Make?

The median salary of biology students who receive their bachelor's degree at Temple is $30,888. This is 13% higher than $27,253, which is the national average for all biology bachelor's degree recipients.


Biology Student Demographics at Temple

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biology majors at Temple University.

Temple General Biology Bachelor’s Program

65% Women
47% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The biology program at Temple awarded 278 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 35% of these degrees went to men with the other 65% going to women. The typical biology bachelor's degree program is made up of only 33% men. So male students are more repesented at Temple since its program graduates 2% more men than average.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Temple University with a bachelor's in biology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 80
Black or African American 30
Hispanic or Latino 12
White 123
International Students 17
Other Races/Ethnicities 16

Temple General Biology Master’s Program

56% Women
44% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
Of the 9 students who graduated with a master’s in biology from Temple in 2021, 44% were men and 56% were women. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 33% men graduate in biology each year. Temple does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 12% more men than average.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Temple University with a master's in biology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 3
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Temple also has a doctoral program available in biology. In 2021, 28 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Biology Grads May Go Into

A degree in biology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Temple University.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
High School Teachers 50,460 $64,830
Medical Scientists 7,970 $114,370
Natural Sciences Managers 4,480 $147,810
Biological Science Professors 3,250 $94,510
Biological Scientists 660 $73,550


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.