Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Finance & Financial Management at Syracuse University

Find Schools Near

Finance & Financial Management at Syracuse University

Every finance and financial management school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the finance program at Syracuse University stacks up to those at other schools.

Syracuse is located in Syracuse, New York and approximately 21,322 students attend the school each year. Of the 4,193 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Syracuse University in 2021, 251 of them were finance and financial management majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Finance & Financial Management section at the bottom of this page.

Syracuse Finance & Financial Management Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Finance

Syracuse Finance & Financial Management Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks finance programs across the country. The following shows how Syracuse performed in these rankings.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The finance major at Syracuse is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Finance & Financial Management. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Finance & Financial Management Schools 493

How Much Do Finance Graduates from Syracuse Make?

The median salary of finance students who receive their bachelor's degree at Syracuse is $68,264. This is 40% higher than $48,896, which is the national average for all finance bachelor's degree recipients.


Finance Student Demographics at Syracuse

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the finance majors at Syracuse University.

Syracuse Finance & Financial Management Bachelor’s Program

31% Women
20% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The finance program at Syracuse awarded 251 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 69% of these degrees went to men with the other 31% going to women. The typical finance bachelor's degree program is made up of only 30% women. So female students are more repesented at Syracuse since its program graduates 1% more women than average.


About 65% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in finance at Syracuse are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Syracuse University with a bachelor's in finance.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 13
Black or African American 10
Hispanic or Latino 23
White 164
International Students 28
Other Races/Ethnicities 13

Syracuse also has a doctoral program available in finance. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Finance Grads May Go Into

A degree in finance can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Syracuse University.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
General and Operations Managers 163,250 $156,260
Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales Agents 68,120 $161,580
Financial Analysts 53,250 $137,270
Financial Managers 42,460 $210,510
Personal Financial Advisors 26,710 $164,260


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.