Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Biology at SUNY Plattsburgh

Find Schools Near

General Biology at SUNY Plattsburgh

Every general biology school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the biology program at SUNY Plattsburgh stacks up to those at other schools.

SUNY Plattsburgh is located in Plattsburgh, New York and approximately 5,109 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 66 biology majors received their bachelor's degree from SUNY Plattsburgh.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Biology section at the bottom of this page.

SUNY Plattsburgh General Biology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Biology

SUNY Plattsburgh General Biology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the biology progam at SUNY Plattsburgh compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The biology major at SUNY Plattsburgh is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Biology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value General Biology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 142

Earnings of SUNY Plattsburgh Biology Graduates

The median salary of biology students who receive their bachelor's degree at SUNY Plattsburgh is $31,091. This is 14% higher than $27,253, which is the national average for all biology bachelor's degree recipients.


Biology Student Demographics at SUNY Plattsburgh

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biology majors at SUNY Plattsburgh.

SUNY Plattsburgh General Biology Bachelor’s Program

64% Women
30% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The biology program at SUNY Plattsburgh awarded 66 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 36% of these degrees went to men with the other 64% going to women. The typical biology bachelor's degree program is made up of only 33% men. So male students are more repesented at SUNY Plattsburgh since its program graduates 4% more men than average.


About 55% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in biology at SUNY Plattsburgh are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from SUNY Plattsburgh with a bachelor's in biology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 7
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 36
International Students 7
Other Races/Ethnicities 4

SUNY Plattsburgh also has a doctoral program available in biology. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Biology Grads May Go Into

A degree in biology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for SUNY Plattsburgh.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
High School Teachers 74,830 $85,300
Medical Scientists 9,500 $95,170
Biological Science Professors 4,590 $102,800
Natural Sciences Managers 1,360 $148,460
Biological Scientists 690 $89,000


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.