Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Design & Applied Arts at SUNY Oneonta

Find Schools Near

Design & Applied Arts at SUNY Oneonta

If you plan to study design and applied arts, take a look at what SUNY Oneonta has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

SUNY Oneonta is located in Oneonta, New York and has a total student population of 6,528. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 57 students received a bachelor's degree in design from SUNY Oneonta.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Design & Applied Arts section at the bottom of this page.

SUNY Oneonta Design & Applied Arts Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Design

SUNY Oneonta Design & Applied Arts Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the design progam at SUNY Oneonta compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The design major at SUNY Oneonta is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Design & Applied Arts. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Design & Applied Arts Schools 58
Best Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Degree Schools 67

Design Student Demographics at SUNY Oneonta

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the design majors at SUNY Oneonta.

SUNY Oneonta Design & Applied Arts Bachelor’s Program

98% Women
16% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The design program at SUNY Oneonta awarded 57 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 2% of these degrees went to men with the other 98% going to women.

SUNY Oneonta Gender Breakdown of Design & Applied Arts Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 81% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in design at SUNY Oneonta are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from SUNY Oneonta with a bachelor's in design.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Design & Applied Arts Majors at SUNY Oneonta
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 46
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

SUNY Oneonta also has a doctoral program available in design. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Design Grads May Go Into

A degree in design can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for SUNY Oneonta.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Graphic Designers 21,350 $64,840
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 11,530 $99,870
Art Directors 8,320 $124,710
Fashion Designers 7,550 $95,830
Professors 6,440 $112,000

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.